My blog about my wargaming activities. I collect a lot of 15mm miniatures for the American War of Independence and so collect a lot of rules for this period. I started miniatures with Napoleonics, so I have a number of armies in 6mm and 15mm figures for skirmishing. I have15mm WW II figures that I use for Flames of War, Memoir '44, and someday, Poor Bloody Infantry. Finally there is my on-again, off-again relationship with paper soldiers that I sometimes write about.

Saturday, April 24, 2010

Campaign Idea

Ira and I finished out the Spring turn for our Hoplite campaign (finally!) and it got me to thinking about a discussion I had with Don for doing an ancients campaign.

So, Ira and I have a campaign where we resolve the battles in DBA. Events in one battle result in effects in the next battle. This is exactly what I want in a campaign: consequences for actions and linkage between battles. So far it has worked out pretty well, but I think it could be better.

Don has shown a lot of interest in Command & Colors: Ancients (CCA) lately, so we've been playing games of that too. I told Don that there was a web site that took the DBA army lists and converted some of them over to CCA. So, we could essentially play out a DBA campaign using the CCA rules.

Last night it struck me that the two campaigns could be combined: as the DBA army lists could be translated to CCA (and vice versa), you could play a campaign and then choose whichever rules struck your fancy at the time to fight out the battles. Of course, you would have to figure out a few things like which rules to use if both players disagreed, etc. but I think it is a very workable idea.

As for time commitment: hell look at my blog and see how long we take between games. Even if you play only one battle per month, it still shows continuity between games, which is the goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Blog and Forum Pages

Popular Posts

Followers

About Me

My photo
Huachuca City, Arizona, United States
I am 58 yrs old now. I bought a house in Huachuca City, AZ working for a software company for the last three years. To while away the hours I like to wargame -- with wooden, lead, and sometimes paper miniatures -- usually solo. Although I am a 'rules junkie', I almost always use rules of my own (I like to build upon others' ideas, but it seems like there is always something "missing" or "wrong").